Technology has no doubt changed the way the world works. It also continues to cause major changes within specific fields and areas of business. Services like AirBnB, Netflix and Uber have completely shifted the way those industries operate.
The B2B industry is also no stranger to technological driven change. Here are a few examples of technologies and how they have altered the B2B industry:
- AI, automation and chatbots – Today if someone requires assistance they no longer need to reach out to a human being. AI and chatbots have evolved to the point where they can understand basic human responses and can provide assistance accordingly.
Tools have also become increasingly intuitive. For example, a plugin allows you to integrate meetings into your Google calendar with a single click. CRM tools allow you to automate processes like emails and other forms of content management so you don’t have to manually implement those tasks.
- The cloud – The cloud has resulted in a shift away from localised systems to online platforms. While this may not seem like that big a deal at first glance, cloud-based solutions offer a number of advantages to B2B organisations over their offline counterparts. These advantages include accessibility, little to no set up time, lower costs, and better recovery.
- Big data – There may be numerous challenges around effectively using your big data, but this new technology has the ability to improve many aspects of B2B marketing. Once your company has developed a process that allows you to accurately collect, analyse and make use of your data, you'll be able to improve your B2B operations in many ways, such as:
- 1. The ability to better define a potential prospect thanks to data insights that you didn’t previously have
- 2. Make use of predictive analytics to identify future trends based on past patterns
- 3. Improve your customer journeys by identifying what is and what isn't working
How ABM enhances your B2B marketing
Technology has also enabled new approaches to marketing, including Account-Based Marketing (ABM). ABM allows a much more focused approach to marketing that allows marketers to focus and personalise their marketing strategy to dramatically boost their ROI. To find out more about ABM, be sure to check out our ebook How Account Based Marketing Can Revolutionise Your B2B Marketing.
GCL has over 29 years of experience in the global, unscripted and multilingual telemarketing industry. If you have any other queries on how you can improve your B2B marketing, be sure to contact us today.