Multi-channel marketing is a marketing strategy that uses a variety of channels to reach customers. These could be tv ads, emails, social media, channels or any other mix. In order to ensure your marketing message is effective, it’s best to reach out to potential customers on whichever channels they’re using.
But how many marketers actually do this?
A ZoomInfo blog post reveals a number of interesting statistics. As of 2018, 73% of marketers have a multi-channel marketing strategy. That sounds pretty good, right? The catch is that only 52% of marketers are using three to four marketing channels. It’s unsurprising that so few marketers fully commit to multi-channel marketing when only 30% of them rate their confidence as high.
The Advantages of Multi-Channel Marketing
Tech Funnel highlights these three advantages:
- • Channel preference – A multi-channel strategy allows you to connect with customers on their preferred channels. By researching which channels your customers use, you can improve the effectiveness of your multi-channel messaging.
- • Channel medium – Is your message suited to the channel? A promotional article might work on Medium, but it’s definitely not going to work on Instagram. Similarly, an image-heavy campaign is likely to have less of a splash on a blog than it would on Instagram or Pinterest.
- • Multi-channel variety – The more channels you have your content on, the more likely people are to see it. This is particularly important in today’s media-saturated environment, where people filter things out almost subconsciously. By spreading your message over multiple channels, you’re more likely to have an effect.
- • Multi-channel synergy – It’s difficult to pull off, but multi-channel synergy can deliver a great innovative experience to your customers. Starbucks is one example of a company that understands multi-channel synergy with their Red Cup campaign.
Here are some surprising benefits of multi-channel marketing:
- • Campaigns integrating 4 or more digital channels will outperform single- or dual-channel campaigns by 300%. (Gartner Research)
- • Over 90% of marketers struggle to seamlessly connect more than three channels on the buyer journey. (Gartner Research)
- • Businesses that successfully employ a consistent cross-channel marketing strategy enjoy a 14.6% year-over-year increase in annual revenue and a 13% annual (2015: Omer Minkara: Customer Engagement: From Interactions to Relationships)
These reasons above should make one thing clear: if you aren’t making use of multi-channel marketing, you need to get started today.
Add the best-kept secret in B2B marketing to your marketing mix
At GCL Direct, we know that an effective B2B marketing strategy cannot rely only on digital channels. This is why we offer a cost-effective B2B telemarketing strategy that delivers results for large organisations including Hayley Group and Pitney Bowes. If you’d like to find out more about GCL Direct’s telemarketing and lead generation services, be sure to check out our ebook, The Best Kept Secrets in B2B Marketing, or contact us today.