In the increasingly competitive B2B space, it’s important to have a marketing strategy that connects with the right leads and fosters genuine business growth. In order to help you achieve this goal, here are 3 helpful tips:
Prepare For Personalisation
The differences between B2B and B2C marketing are disappearing as B2B marketers adopt B2C strategies for their campaigns. One of the approaches that B2B marketers have “borrowed” from their B2C counterparts is personalisation. Salesforce highlighted in their recent report Customer Expectations Hit All-Time Highs that, just like B2C customers, B2B customers don’t want to be treated like a number. A staggering 83% of B2B customers believe this is key to winning their business.
In order to offer a personalised message that is relevant to your B2B customers, Business2Community suggest that you need to focus on these 4 factors of personalisation:
- • Channels: Target prospective customers through the mediums and channels on which they prefer to communicate and gather information.
- • Intent: Determine how you will best target high-intent prospective customers (the most likely to purchase, who fit your ideal persona profiles).
- • Messages: What calls-to-action, messages, and content pieces will best motivate each buyer to move forward in the funnel?
- • Real-Time: How can you anticipate each buyer’s needs as they move through the funnel, and deliver solutions almost instantly? Will you offer real-time human assistance, use chatbots, or employ both?
Create a mobile-optimised experience
We can thank the iPhone for changing the way we accessed the web. Before Apple released its innovative new smartphone, browsing on a mobile phone was usually a painful experience. But with the introduction of a much higher quality touch screen, Apple completely changed the game, resulting in mobile web traffic climbing to 52.2% in 2018.
B2B web content increasingly needs to be mobile compatible, since the use of mobile devices in the B2B space has also experienced similar growth:
- • 80% of B2B buyers use mobile devices at work, and 60% of B2B buyers report that “mobile played a significant role in a recent purchase.”
- • And over 90% of B2B buyers say they’re “likely to buy again from a vendor that had a superior mobile experience,” versus only 50% of those who report a poor mobile experience.
Develop your relationships
In today's digital world, it's easy to get caught up in the technology that's driving B2B marketing. However, B2B marketing isn't just about technology like mobile devices, AI and automation. It's also about building real, meaningful relationships with your audiences.
Once you've established an initial connection with your prospect, you need to engage in conversations with them to develop a relationship. Pay attention to the problems they're experiencing, what they're looking for and use that to connect with them. Focusing on what leads are actually saying and feeding that back into your marketing, as well as your products and services, will help you gain an edge on your competitors.
Take advantage of this channel to support your B2B relationships
A great tool to throw into your B2B marketing mix that will further help you develop your B2B relationships is B2B telemarketing. GCL Direct is a B2B lead generation company that has over 29 years of experience in the telemarketing and lead generation fields. We understand the role unscripted, multilingual call services play in delivering results, and have helped organisations, including the likes of ADI Global Distribution, Personal Group and Pitney Bowes, achieve success.